Breath of Life- Effortless Breathing
Yoga and Qigong Breathing Techniques
*Breath of Life Technique :
Our breath is precious. The quality and depth of our breathing affects us at every level. How much of your life is spent breathing deeply? How much of your life does your breath vibrate every cell, every organ, every thought with compassion, acceptance and love? It’s amazing how much stress can be dissolved through effortless aware breathing. In my Blog: Effortless Breathing on my website, I describe how to allow yourself to breathe effortlessly while changing your brainwaves (this approach can be combined with the Breath of Life approach) . Here I describe another approach I came up with to allow your breathing to be effortless, deeply relaxing, loving and transforming.
I encourage you to allow yourself to practice it 7-30 minutes daily. Within only a month’s time, you may find those few minutes you practice will help relax and invigorate you. It will make a wonderful difference in the quality of your day, your relationships, your work and life. Enjoy!
Breath of Life- Effortless Breathing- Two Approaches- find which one works for you.
Allow yourself just to become aware of your abdomen as you smile with gratefulness at all the work it has done for you. I would suggest smiling at your abdomen until you feel it relaxes. Yoga’s wisdom has discovered that abdominal breathing is our natural breath. You can see this is how an infant naturally breathes. In this practice, your breath starts first from your abdomen (rises first) not from your chest. You’ll be surprised at how your body will soak up this love and gratefulness as your breath becomes effortless.
Then allow yourself to smile with gratefulness as you allow yourself to be aware of your lower back, chest, lungs, heart and shoulders and the muscles in all those areas.
Then allow yourself to smile with acceptance as you become aware of your abdomen, lower back, lungs, heart, chest and the muscles in those areas.
Then allow a loving smile to flow into all the body sensations in your abdomen, lower back, lungs, heart, chest and the muscles in those areas.
Then allow a peaceful smile to flow into feeling the life force, (prana or chi or energy) in all of those areas.
Then you mentally say: Could I now allow any thoughts or feelings or images to float by like clouds in the sky? Say yes. (meditation, contemplation practice)
Then you say internally:
Who are You (Divine, God within, mystery, Supreme Consciousness, Creator of all that is) who loves me now and always? Who are You who makes my heart beat, and my lungs breathe?
Who am I? (referring to the Eternal I, the Soul, the Spirit, the Higher Self) Who loves me now and always and is making my lungs breathe and my heart beat? (You may want to combine this mindfulness or witness practice with mantra meditation). Continue for 7-30 minutes or more with your eyes closed or open.
Breath of Life- Technique 2
* Mentally say as you say with a grateful smile: “Could I now allow myself to feel aware of my abdomen, chest, lungs, heart, shoulders and muscles in those areas? Say yes as you then gratefully smile at each of these parts of you until you feel them relax and your breath deepens effortlessly.
* And can you now allow your breath to begin from your abdomen as you smile? This helps you relax even more. relaxing smile
* And can you now allow your breathing to be effortless? Say yes with a smile of accepting whatever your body and feeling sensations that you are aware of in your abdomen, chest, lungs, heart, shoulders, and muscles in those areas.
* And will you now allow a loving smile to flow into whatever body sensations you’re feeling in your abdomen, lungs, heart, shoulders and muscles in those areas?
* And could you now allow any thoughts or images to float by like clouds in the sky on a peaceful day? Say yes. (meditation, contemplation practice) Continue to allow as you let go of trying.
* And can you now allow yourself to feel, sense and be aware of the life force, the life principle, the chi, the prana flowing in your abdomen, chest, lungs, heart, shoulders, and back? (Say yes with a smile)
* And mentally say: “Who are you who loves me now and always, and makes my heart beat, and my lungs breathe?And who are you who gives me unconditional love, peace and life?”
* And will you now allow yourself to feel and be aware of: “Who am I (referring to the Eternal I, the Soul, the Spirit, the Higher Self, The Divine Beloved) Who love me now and always and is making my heart to beat, my lungs to breathe?” (You may want to combine this mindfulness or witness practice with mantra meditation)
* Allow yourself to relax into feelings oneness with the Divine presence that is creating each precious breath that you breathe. We breathe on an average 17,000- 23,000 breaths each day. Why not live in each precious moment fully?
“If you’re interested in deepening your meditation practice or learning how to meditate, please email me. Sessions are available in Hypnotherapy, Past Life Regressions, Sedona Method and other self-help approaches to release and clear past or present trauma, frustrations, depression, anxiety, attachments and relationship challenges. Hypnotherapy or massage therapy sessions are also available in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, and San Rafael CA. Hypnotherapy Online or phone sessions are also available. Thanks.
Spread the word.
Robert Labensart, CMT, CHT, RYT
Disclaimer: The information (techniques and approaches) in this blog is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Check with your medical provider first before using these approaches. None of these therapeutic approaches treat or cure any health condition nor substitute for the need of professional medical intervention. Testimonies are anectodal only and do not represent what you may experience. Results do vary.
Results do vary.